Tuesday, January 19, 2010

10m opening and computer trouble

10m was open in Europe today and I managed to work F5IEP, ON5BW, HA6NY, DF2QC, DO6SD and ON3DM from the shack of our local radio club.

I have spent some of the day rescuing data from my shack computer. The computer will no longer start due to mother board failure and is also out of warranty. This is the second time the mother board fails on this computer and I don't bother replacing it this time. I bought one of those USB 2.0 HDD trays so I could connect the SATA disk to my laptop via USB.

I managed to save most of the data but I could not find a way to rescue my LoTW certificates! I have requested a new certificate from ARRL and I will send the required documentation by mail tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mads, 10 meter can always be surprising. You never know what the band does. Today I had also a computer problem, I was busy for hours. But know its OK. Good luck with fixing the PC. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul! Good thing your computer is working! I think I'll throw mine away and buy a new one now that I've recovered the data.

    73

    Mads, LA1TPA

    ReplyDelete