Wednesday, November 10, 2010

QSL complications

Last night I was home alone as my wife was attending a meeting and I had planned to get up to date with my outgoing QSL cards.

I installed a piece of software called BV7 QSL Labels on my new laptop and imported my custom QSL templates from my old computer. These templates let me print QSL data directly on my QSL cards so no labels are needed. I exported two QSL files from Logger32, one for LA1TPA operations and one for LA1TPA/P operations. The portable QSOs are all from SOTA activations and I have a QSL template for this only. This template prints SOTA summit reference and "/P" on the cards. I printed a lot of cards and all of them were OK.

When I was done with the SOTA cards I imported the other QSL file and printed 80(!!) cards before I found out I was still using the template I designed for SOTA cards! Obviously I had to throw away 80 cards and as these were my last cards I have to wait for another batch of cards from Gennady at UX5UO print before I can finish the job...


  1. Hello Mads, it's cheaper to buy some labels to print on I guess. It wouldn't b a big loss 80 labels. Hope you'll get your new cards soon. 73, Bas

  2. Hi Mads.
    Just searching the web for other BV7 users and found your blog.
    I've used BV7 fine in the past and always used sticky lables. You can print off about 21 at a time then you have to affix them.
    But I'm having problems printing and I think it's my replacement printer. Off to download a new driver which I hope works as I have about 1200 QSL cards to print.


  3. Thanks for your comments! I should probably start using labels but I still think it looks nice when printing directly on the cards. I have ordered new cards but still haven't got a confirmation from Gennady. Maybe my e-mail is lost in a spam filter again. I will try to send him another one from a different address.

    73! Mads, la1tpa