Thursday, March 31, 2011

Programming the FT-817ND with FTBasicMMO

Last night my friend Svein LA1BNA brought me an Arrow II 2m/70cm satellite cross yagi and I plan to work some QSOs via AO-51. The FT-817ND manual has information on how to setup menu channels to make doppler shifts easy. I have used the FTBasicMMO software written by Bob G4HFQ to program the memory channels on my FT-857D and now I wanted to try it on the FT-817ND as well. The only problem was that I couldn't get the software to talk to the radio! I followed instructions closely and ended up writing Bob an e-mail to ask for his help. He replied quickly and after a few e-mails back and forth I found one of the pins in the connector of the CT-62 cable was bent. After fixing the pin it all worked like a charm!

Thanks to Bob for the quick response to my call for help!

I will report back when I've tried the satellite antenna. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mads, very interesting software link fo my FT-817ND. Thanks. Good luck with talking to the "birds". 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bas! The SW is well worth the £10 I payed for it!

    72/73! Mads, la1tpa

    ReplyDelete