Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fighting QRM

This summer I had the pleasure of visiting G4ILOs shack, not the website but the physical one! I was amazed to see how good Julian was able to cancel noise with a MFJ-1026 Noise canceler and a pa0rdt-Mini-Whip active broadband RX antenna. I suffer from a lot of noise myself (S7 - S9) so I have decided to test the same setup here. The MFJ-1026 has already arrived and tonight I have ordered parts to build the pa0rdt-Mini-Whip.

The pa0rdt-Mini-Whip
MFJ-1026

4 comments:

  1. Do post how the MFJ 1026 does as well as the pa0rdt-Mini-Whip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am interested in the results, I have seen or should I say heard a noise canceller working and they are impressive. No experience of the mini whip though.
    Sean M0GIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Sean! I haven't found the time to build the mini whip antenna yet so I might just buy one directly from pa0rdt if the prize is not to bad. I will update you on the progress later. 73! Mads, la1tpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mads, A couple of years ago I played abit on 160m from home. A lot of QRM in built up areas, I was going to try a rx antenna to cut out some of the QRM but never got around to it.
    Had lots of fun with the 817 on 160m SSB working all over the UK. Sean M0GIA

    ReplyDelete