Thursday, September 3, 2009

Puxing PX-777 VHF Handheld

I have just ordered a Puxing PX-777 VHF Handheld on Ebay. I plan to use it for APRS with the OpenTracker+ that I built some time ago and my Garmin GPSmap 60. The radio gets good reviews on the Internet although the English version of the manual seems to be rather poor. The guys at Argent Data Systems has prepared a quick start guide (PDF) for the radio.

The package contains:

  • PX-777 (VHF 136-174Mhz)
  • PTT Earpiece
  • 7.2v 1200mah Li-ion Battery Pack
  • Antenna
  • Belt Clip
  • English Manual
  • Desktop Charger

Price: 68USD including postage to Norway!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the build quality is better than the Jingtong I had! I presume you'll be using APRS on your SOTA activations? I've just set up an APRS IGate for the north part of the English Lake District which I hope will help people track activators of the SOTA and WOTA summits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julian,
    Yes, I will bring APRS on some of my sota activations and I will try to send spots to sotawatch.org via the Hungarian SpotAPRS Gateway. I might even bring APRS with me on our trip to the Lake District in October.

    http://gyalogradio.ham.hu/spotsms/index.php?page=7
    http://gyalogradio.ham.hu/spotsms/howto-en.html

    ReplyDelete